An Eco Friendly Approach
At The Sails Motel we like to be environmentally conscious and are advocates of implementing eco friendly products & practices into the business. By choosing to stay at The Sails Motel, you are doing your part by supporting sustainable tourism. See the list below for more details.
• Kudos Coastal Amenities – (free from all parabens, CDEA and phthalates, vegan friendly and made from 100% vegetable soap). Kudos aligns with our commitment to sustainability with all products being BPA free, recyclable and biodegradable, containing an organic-based ERPTM additive to reduce environmental impact.
• BALTER cans on sale from reception – Cans produce Less Waste – Lighter weight and better storage means lower transport emissions. Recyclable – Even more so than bottles, which go into road construction. Cans make more cans. Plus BALTER 4 x can carrier is made of 96% PCR recycled content.
• Solar Hot Water System. Solar power systems derive clean, pure energy from the sun helping to combat greenhouse gas emissions and reduce our collective dependence on fossil fuel.
• Led Lighting in all rooms. LEDs are extremely energy efficient and consume up to 90% less power than incandescent bulbs.
• Dual Flush Toilets. The dual-flush system uses 67% less water than traditional toilets conserving water and helping protect the environment.
• On-site recycling. Helps to conserve natural resources such as water, minerals, coal, oil, gas and timber.
• On-site green waste bin.
For The Guests
• Clothes line available for guest laundry to reduce energy consumption
• Cutlery/crockery is placed in each room to reduce the need to purchase disposal alternatives
• Options for guests to reuse towels and reduce washing to conserve water
• Sourcing from local suppliers to reduce carbon footprint
• Linen Supplier uses cutting-edge technology and environmentally friendly processes to help leave the smallest footprint