An Eco Friendly Approach
At The Sails Motel we like to be environmentally conscious and are advocates of implementing eco friendly products & practices into the business. By choosing to stay at The Sails Motel, you are doing your part by supporting sustainable tourism. See the list below for more details.
• Eco.Logic Products (fair trade & 100% post-consumer recycled plastic)
• Thank You Water for sale (50% recycled PET plastic & BPA Free, fair trade, bottling system that uses less plastic and lowers water wastage in the bottling process, supports projects to decrease global poverty)
• Thank You Hand Soap in guest toilets (BPA Free, fair trade & supports projects to decrease global poverty)
• BALTER & Corona cans on sale from reception – Cans produce Less Waste – Lighter weight and better storage means lower transport emissions. Recyclable – Even more so than bottles, which go into road construction. Cans make more cans. Plus BALTER 4 x can carrier is made of 96% PCR recycled content.
• Solar Hot Water System. Solar power systems derive clean, pure energy from the sun helping to combat greenhouse gas emissions and reduce our collective dependence on fossil fuel.
• Led Lighting in all rooms. LEDs are extremely energy efficient and consume up to 90% less power than incandescent bulbs.
• Dual Flush Toilets. The dual-flush system uses 67% less water than traditional toilets conserving water and helping protect the environment.
• On-site recycling. Helps to conserve natural resources such as water, minerals, coal, oil, gas and timber.
For The Guests
• Bicycles available so you don’t have to take the car
• Clothes line available for guest laundry to reduce energy consumption
• Cutlery/crockery is placed in each room to reduce the need to purchase disposal alternatives
• Options for guests to reuse towels and reduce washing to conserve water
• Sourcing from local suppliers to reduce carbon footprint
• Linen Supplier uses cutting-edge technology and environmentally friendly processes to help leave the smallest footprint
• Chemical free cleaning supplies – reduces impact to waterways which is better for the environment plus it is less harmful to you!
• Proud member of SOAP AID who recycle and reprocess soap products from motels and redistribute them to communities in need all over the world. They also educate these communities on the value and health benefits of basic hygiene to reduce sanitation related issues.